Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Online Development Application

I'd like to see a free online version of Microsoft's Visual Studio. I've seen online compilers for many different programming languages. They all have their pros and cons, but I have yet to see one that offers all of the features of Visual Studio. Some of the features that I would like to see are syntax highlighting and a built in debugger that allows breakpoints to be set and single stepping through the code. Perhaps there can be some added features that go beyond Visual Studio such as support for multiple platforms and support for many of the common programming and scripting languages other than the ones that Visual Studio already supports.
 
There is something similar to an online version of Visual Studio at: http://coderun.com/. It looks like an online integrated development environment and it claims to have native support for C#/.NET (3.5), PHP (5.1), JavaScript, HTML and CSS. It looks like it is geared more towards web development. I don't see any C or C++ support like I suggested, but I haven't gotten into the details yet. This is close to what I suggested. It has the look of Visual Studio's IDE. If it supported more languages it would be exactly what I am looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment