Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cascading Style Sheets

I have done some work with HTML in the past and was recently introduced to cascading style sheets or CSS. I was amazed at how easy CSS make it to format web pages. All of the formatting for an entire web page can be done in small area of the HTML document. Once the document is completed and you don’t like how it looks you can make the formatting changes in the style section in the head of the document without having to navigate throughout the whole document to make the changes. You can make changes to the background, font, color, and alignment to the body of the web page. You can also create classes to control the formatting between particular HTML tags. It saves a lot of time particularly if you have a very large document that you want to format. I haven’t done any HTML programming in a long time, but now that I have some new tools my interest has been piqued. I’ve started looking at some of the old web pages that I created way back when and was wondering how I can improve them with CSS. Who knows, I may even upload them onto my Verizon web space again. It’s been so long since I’ve done anything with my web space that I cannot even remember the URL. I can’t even remember if I have a web page loaded or not. I’ll just add that to my list of things to do after I finish all of my homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment